Today is the day. It is a great day of course. It is a Sunday, the start of another amazing week, the sun might not be shining now, but it is a very special day.
Ashley, Actually is officially one today
That is right, one whole year of all of you dealing with my blah blah blah and wow look at how I have grown. From hearing all about my faith, my passion for fashion, my love life and even my workout plan you have stuck by me and that deserves a big THANK YOU.
Ashley, Actually started on a whim. I was looking for a place to just kinda vent and get whatever was floating around in my head out there for those 2 followers at the time (thanks sister and WordPress). At first I wanted to keep things really personal and thought maybe what was going through my head was weird compared to everyone else, or maybe my writing isn’t good enough to be shared with the judgmental world.
I was ALL wrong.
The day I decided to take the leap and share my first post on my social media everything changed. The amount of positive feedback I received, the compliments I was given not only over text, but in the halls and in class at school were so amazing. Writing for me was/is never about the praise but this has proven there is HOPE that this world is a heck of a lot nicer than many of us believe.
Since I started this journey a lot has happened in the past year, let’s recap:
- I graduated HIGH SCHOOL wooohooo (thats the real win)
- I started attending Purdue
- I became best friends/partners in crime w the girl who kept me at Purdue & made me fall in love w my major
- I traveled to all of my favorite cities, including my most favorite one (New York)
- I was a NationalRetailFoundation Rising Star
- Joined my dream sorority and met the most amazing BFF’s
- Started dating the kindest + most genuine man
- Got an +A in my highest credit class
- Watched my sister get married
- Currently on my last interview for a retail management summer position at the age of 18
As you can see a whole lot of everything has been happening in my whirlwind of a life this past year. Purdue, the Retail dept., and Kappa Alpha Theta has helped me grow and mature into a person I am proud to be. I am so excited for where I will be when I write about year two of Ashley, Actually and I hope you will stick around to hear all about it.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
HAPPY ONE YEAR
P.S. Head over to the “contact” page and send me any ideas you would enjoy me writing about 🙂 thanks for helping me over come writers block + making my posts more frequent you ROCK